P R I V A C Y P O L I C Y
Lam Research Corporation does not sell or otherwise externally distribute the information that you may provide through this website. It will take reasonable steps to protect this information from access by outside parties or persons within Lam who do not have a reasonable need to know such information. In general, use of the information provided will be limited to the following:
(1) Lam will use this information for internal customer identification as well as product marketing and positioning purposes. For example, Lam may use information drawn from this site to identify which customers may be interested in maintenance, upgrade or safety information regarding specific products or product lines.
(2) Lam may use this information to prepare reports in a form that will not reveal private facts about you. For example, Lam may report on the number of customers it has that access this website and keep track of how often the website is accessed by you. It may also accumulate that data and release it in an aggregated or non-specific form to outside consultants or third parties that Lam allows to analyze or study such data.
(3) Lam may use this information for its own marketing analysis. Thus Lam may analyze this data to determine market share or market penetration of its products. If third parties become involved in such analysis, Lam will generally require that they retain the confidentiality of this data through written non-disclosure agreements.
(4) In rare cases, Lam may be forced to produce this information during court proceedings or in response to a governmental directive or a regulatory order. If that occurs, Lam will take reasonable steps to limit public access to such information by seeking court-administered protective orders or other confidentiality measures.
(5) Lam's databases may be maintained or serviced by third-party providers. Such providers are contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality of all of Lam's data and to take reasonable steps to provide that it is not inappropriate disseminated or improperly used.
Once you have provided data on this website, it will remain part of Lam's database until that data is purged or destroyed. Accordingly, Lam has no obligation to purge such information from its databases and, in most cases, will make no effort to do so, even if requested by you. On the other hand, Lam may purge its databases at any time for any reason, and undertakes no obligation to store your information or to utilize it for any reason, including those reasons set forth above.
This policy may change in the future, so Lam encourages you to check back at regular intervals for any changes in policy. However, it is Lam's current intent to treat information received under this policy as described above, even if our privacy policies change in the future.
© Lam Research Corporation, 2007
Copyright © 2014 Lam Research Corporation All Rights Reserved